What You Will Need:
- A mini muffin pan and spray oil
- 1/4 cup Chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped green pepper and red pepper
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage.
- 6 eggs, whisked
What To Do:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray your muffin pan.
- Cook breakfast sausage in a skillet and when nearly done, saute the onion and peppers in the same pan. You want the sausage, crisp and the onion & peppers soft.
- Whip your eggs in a bowl and add the salt and pepper. I like to toss in a bit of basil or Italian seasoning as well.
- Add shredded cheese of your choice to the egg mixture.
- Let the meat and peppers cool a bit and then spoon them into the bottom of the muffin tins.
- Cover the meat mixture with the egg mixture. Only fill them to half full.
- Carefully transfer into the oven and cook for 10 minutes or less. Check the center with a toothpick to ensure the eggs are fully cooked.
- You can cook these in full size muffin tins but it will take at least 20 minutes. Adjust time accordingly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a bit before serving. These are great with fresh fruit or pancakes!